Call for Nominations for Chapter/Regional Group Executive Committees
- To run, candidates should contact the Nominating Committee Chair with information about their background and reasons for running. There is also an option to run by petition.
- Terms are for two (2) years and begin in January 2024
- Both the Chapter and the regional Groups have several ExCom positions becoming available that begin in 2024
- To be eligible to run for ExCom, candidates must be active Sierra Club members and have their nomination submitted, and be a Sierra Club member by July 10, 2023
- The election runs through October - November
- We believe that environmental injustice/climate change disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be centered in our work. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.