Please attend the Sierra Club Political Leadership Awards - become a Sponsor - and support our work in Los Angeles and Orange Counties.
ELECTING ENVIRONMENTALLY SENSITIVE LAWMAKERS
We urge you to consider the environment when you vote. Only by electing candidates who share the view of the Sierra Club on the importance of the protection of the environment can we make our state the model for the rest of the nation.
SIERRA CLUB CALIFORNIA
The Sierra Club is California’s largest environmental organization, with 13 chapters and approximately 160,000 members statewide. In order to give its California members a strong effective voice in the State Capitol, the Club Board of Directors created Sierra Club California, a legislative advocacy organization that lobbies the state legislature, the administration, and state government agencies to protect California’s natural resources and to improve the health and safety of Californians.
LOS ANGELES COUNTY AND ORANGE COUNTY POLITICAL COMMITTEES
Angeles Chapter political activists work at the local level in both Los Angeles and Orange counties to promote the election of environmentally sensitive candidates to public office, by recommending endorsements to the chapter Executive Committee, organizing support for endorsed candidates and maintaining a liaison with successful candidates after election. Groups, sections, committees, and task forces are eligible to appoint a voting member of the committees, but individuals may also become members.
Please donate to the Angeles Chapter Political Committeeto support its work in Los Angeles and Orange counties. For more information, please contact the Political Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get involved where you can really make a difference!
- collaborate with other groups on certain issues and at election time
- research election issues and candidates at all levels, from national on down to local
- advise Sierra Club national and regional leaders on issues
- work to get environmental issues on the ballot and help to get them passed
- meet with candidates and elected officials
- lobby in person, by phone, by email and letter writing
- help the Sierra Club decide which candidates and propositions it should support
- educate our fellow Sierra Club members about candidates and issues through reports at meetings...
.... And we have a lot of fun doing all of the above!
Angeles Chapter Compliance Officer: Joe Andrews
Los Angeles County Political Committee
Meetings: Usually every second Monday of the month at 7:00 pm at Chapter Headquarters.
Orange County Political Committee
Meetings: Third Thursday of the month at 7:15 pm.
Know Your Legislators - Federal and State
Confused about the new redistricting in California?