Transportation is the largest source of U.S. greenhouse gas emissions at 29% – and is a huge 39% here in California. We work for sustainable transportation and land use in Los Angeles and Orange Counties to change that, locally supporting the Sierra Club's national Clean Transportation for All campaign.
Our campaign areas are:
- Funding for transit expansion (L.A. County's 2008 Measure R and 2016 Measure M), Metro's current projects (Van Nuys Blvd. light rail just approved, Orange Line upgrade, Sepulveda Corridor rail, Crenshaw north to Hollywood), and bus electrification (recently approved) and restructuring;
- Upgrade Metrolink and support California High Speed Rail in L.A. County;
- Good dense affordable infill development to reduce the need to drive;
- Complete and green streets for walking, biking, and scooting (recent Los Angeles City bicycle plan);
- Clean freight from the ports;
- Incentives to drive less;
- Stop new highways and sprawl (SR-710 tunnel recently cancelled and High Desert Corridor);
- Rapidly grow Electric Vehicles and EV charging, especially for multi-family neighborhoods;
- Work with larger coalitions, expand this website and Facebook, and welcome new members!
We'd love your help! We meet at 7:00 p.m. on the first Thursday of every month on zoom. Contact chair Darrell Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org