Local Agency votes to adopt the nation’s first zero-emission standards for a stationary source: Commercial Ovens Rule PASSED
The intensity of California's heat & smog makes it more crucial than ever to #ElectrifyEverything
- Fossil fuel use in our homes & businesses releases over 9 times more NOx & 4 times more PM2.5 than all power plants in the region combined!
- Residential appliances alone emit more NOx than oil and gas production, refining, & cement manufacturing combined. (Data: EPA, 2020 National Emissions Inventory)
- Fossil fuel appliance pollution caused 500+ premature deaths in CA in 2017
- This leads to health impacts like respiratory issues
- People of color are exposed to more pollution from residential gas appliances in California