"Classic Wilshire Walk" goes virtual for its 25th year
- It's still 16 miles on city streets from L.A. to Santa Monica, but we can't gather in a group. Instead, grab a member of your household or "pod" if you want company and support. L.A. County asks everyone to limit outdoor gatherings. Please see the latest LA County restrictions..
- We challenge you IN ONE DAY to complete 16 miles from 1 Wilshire Boulevard to the Santa Monica statue on Ocean Boulevard in Santa Monica. You really can't get lost on this route -- just stay on Wilshire the whole way. Qualifying walks must happen between Nov. 14 and December 31, 2020.
- Bring a backpack with water, snacks, sunscreen, layered clothing and face covering. Remember to wear your mask and social distance from others you pass on the street.
- Check in with Wilderness Adventure Section Facebook page for tips on all the historical things you can see along the way. Post your photos and/or videos there to show you completed the course in a day. Send us your name and address, and we'll send you a Wilshire Walker 2020 certificate.
- Email the leaders for inspiration, tips on where to take breaks, how long it should take and any other questions you may have. Join a Wilshire Walk Zoom call for more information.