Parable of the Sower Book Club Recap & What's Next!
- Interesting dialogue around the theme of fire in the book, the destruction it causes, and its symbolism for change in Lauren’s life (the protagonist)
- How race is intertwined in the book’s narrative, slavery, and mixed-race relationships
- Modern slavery in Lauren’s world and the connections to existing slavery-like labor in max production corporations like Amazon who take advantage of workers.
- Dynamic discussion on hyper-empathy: Is there a lack of it in our world? Is it a superpower or a weakness?
- Discussion on this cautionary tale, if we do not take action on climate change, especially with the current climate crisis we are experiencing in California.