Nature Knowledge Workshop highlights
Nature Knowledge Workshop
For 43 years the Natural Science Section has sponsored this annual weekend workshop.
Enjoy a weekend of nature discovery in the San Bernardino Mountains. From our streamside camp accommodations, we’ll explore our natural surroundings on easy guided walks or moderate hikes led by our professional naturalists. They will also share their expertise in a variety of natural history topics such as reptile, bird, plant, mammal, insect, Native American, and earth science studies through hands on and special interest workshops.
Location: A streamside camp in the San Bernardino Mountains near Barton Flats
Dates: June 2015; Friday evening through Sunday afternoon
Cost: $165 for SC members, $185 for non-members
• Two nights lodging in dormitory cabins (6-8 people per cabin; bring your own sleeping bag). Tent or car camping is also available (bring your own tent).
• The camp staff serves six hearty meals (Friday dinner to Sunday lunch).
• Workshops and instruction on insects, birds, geology, botany, ethnobotany, ecology, and mammals.
• Three guided nature walks in a variety of habitats at the camp.
• LTC credit available for Sierra Club Leaders.
Leaders: Cliff & Gabi McLean; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.