In the interests of facilitating the logistics of some outings, it is customary that participants make voluntary carpooling arrangements. The Sierra Club does not have insurance for carpooling arrangements and assumes no liability for them. Carpooling, ride sharing or anything similar is strictly a private arrangement among participants. Participants assume the risks associated with this travel.
Outings requiring the use of ice axes or ropes/climbing gear may be conducted under restrictive circumstances. Such trips require special leader screening and trip plan approval, both at the Chapter and National levels. The Lower Peaks Committee does NOT currently sponsor trips of this type.
In order to participate in a Sierra Club outing, you will need to sign a liability waiver. If you would like to read a copy of the waiver prior to attending the outing, please see http://www.sierraclub.org/outings/chapter/forms. You may also contact the Outings Department at (415)977-5528 for a printed version.
CST 2087766-40. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
The Chapter Safety Committee has established classifications for outings that involve different levels and areas of skill but do not relate to the strenuousness of the outing.
- For events under external control of a non-Sierra Club entity (e.g., ranger, concessionaire).
- Applies to uncomplicated outings such as hikes on trails or equivalent.
- Includes outings involving off-trail travel that require navigational skills.
- Applies to outings that include moderate snow climbs and/or class 3 rock climbing.
- Applies to outings that involve more severe snow climbing.
- Applies to outings that involve specialized technical activities.
This is a list of Lower Peaks Committee sponsored outings that have been published in the Angeles Chapter Schedule of Activities. To participate in a trip, follow the directions in the trip description. For some outings you may be required to send an sase (self addressed, stamped, envelope) to the leader. Some leaders will require qualifications or references for difficult or technical trips.
For complete leadership contact information, it is necessary to obtain a copy of the Angeles Chapter Schedule of Activities.