International Community Section
The International Community Section (ICS) provides the international and American community and newcomers from abroad with a program of activities to familiarize them with our country and the aims of the Sierra Club and to encourage better communication of ideas.
Reservations and Meeting Places
- For day hikes the specific meeting place is given in the event write-up.
- For reservation events, send name, address, phone numbers, ride share info, deposit made out to ICS Sierra Club, 1 or more self-addressed, stamped envelopes (SASE), as per write-up to the reservationist listed in the event write-up.
- Unless otherwise stated, cancellation policy is full refund up to 15 days before departure; thereafter, if space is resold, refund is amount of deposit less $5 or 10%, whichever is greater.
- No trailers, RVs, camper-trucks or motorcycles are allowed on camping trips except with express permission of the leader.
- In order to participate on one of the Sierra Club's outings, you will need to sign a liability waiver.
- In the interest of facilitating the logistics of some outings, it is customary that participants make carpooling arrangements. The Sierra Club does not have insurance for carpooling arrangements and assumes no liability for them. Carpooling ride sharing or anything similar is strictly a private arrangement among the participants. Participants assume the risks associated with this travel. Ride sharing passengers' contribution of at least 10 cents/mi to the driver is suggested.
Chair: Ed Haas
Secretary: Henrietta Yuan
Treasurer: Jeff Slottow
Outings: Gabe Sende
Membership: Natalie Hall
Conservation: Mavis Adamson