USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Riverside County, about 8 miles west of Palm Springs, 112 miles from Los Angeles
- Auto Club: Riverside County
- Forest Service: San Bernardino National Forest
- USGS Topo: San Jacinto Peak 7½
explanation of usage
Nearby Peaks: Folly Peak, Cornell Peak, Jean Peak, San Jacinto Peak
From Jean Peak
- Distance: 1.5 miles one way cross-country
- Gain: 300'
- Time: 1 hour one way
- Rating: Class 3, strenuous with Jean Peak
DRIVING ROUTE 3
- See the driving instructions for Routes 1 or 2 depending on your
HIKING ROUTE 3
- See the hiking instructions for Jean Peak.
- From the summit of Jean Peak,
hike south along the ridge passing a bump on its right
side until you come to the saddle just north of Marion Mountain.
- Go south
up to the ridge.
- Turn right and follow the ridge to its western end.
- To climb the summit block, start at an upright dead
tree on the northeast side. Go up a crack for about 10'. Turn right
for another 10'. Turn left into another crack that leads to the