USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Riverside County, about 8 miles west of Palm Springs, 112 miles from Los Angeles
- Auto Club: Riverside County
- Forest Service: San Bernardino National Forest
- USGS Topo: San Jacinto Peak 7½
explanation of usage
Nearby Peaks: Folly Peak, Cornell Peak, Jean Peak, San Jacinto Peak
(USFS Adventure Pass required)
- Distance: 16 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 4100'
- Time: 9-10 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 3, strenuous
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- From the Chevron Station in Idyllwild, go northeast on North Circle
Drive for 0.8 mile to South Circle Drive. Turn right.
- Go 0.1 mile to Fern Valley Road. Turn left.
- Go 1.8 miles to the loop at the end of the road in Humber Park. Park
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From Humber Park (6480'), hike up the Devils Slide Trail to Saddle
Junction at 8080'. This is a multiple trail junction.
- Take the far left
trail and continue up to Wellman Cienega.
- Leave the trail on
the left and hike cross-country up to the saddle northeast of Marion
- Turn left (south) and go up to the summit block. This is on the
west end of the ridge.
- To climb the summit block, start at an upright dead
tree on the northeast side. Go up a crack for about 10'. Turn right
for another 10'. Turn left into another crack that leads to the