USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Riverside County, about 8 miles west of Palm Springs, 112 miles from Los Angeles
- Auto Club: Riverside County
- Forest Service: San Bernardino National Forest
- USGS Topo: San Jacinto Peak 7½
explanation of usage
Nearby Peaks: Folly Peak, Cornell Peak, Jean Peak, Marion Mountain
(USFS Adventure Pass required)
- Distance: 16 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 4500'
- Time: 9-10 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, strenuous
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- From the Chevron Station in Idyllwild, go northeast on North Circle
Drive for 0.8 mile to South Circle Drive. Turn right.
- Go 0.1 mile to Fern Valley Road. Turn left.
- Go 1.8 miles to the loop at the end of the road in Humber Park. Park
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From Humber Park (6480'), hike up the Devils Slide Trail to Saddle
Junction at 8080'. This is a multiple trail junction.
- Take the far left
trail and continue up to Wellman Divide.
left at this junction and continue up to a junction at a saddle just
below the peak.
- Turn right and follow a trail up to the peak. You will
pass a stone cabin on this last segment of trail. The peak register can
usually be found in this cabin.