** Use at Your Own Risk **
See the Retired Peak Guides in the Archives for Microsoft Word and other versions of this peak guide.
Location: Riverside County, about 17 miles southwest of Twentynine Palms, 149 miles from Los Angeles
- Auto Club: Riverside County
- National Park Service: Joshua Tree National Park
- USGS Topo: Keys View 7½
explanation of usage
Printable version of this route
(National Park Service Entrance Fee)
- Distance: 2 miles round trip cross-country
- Gain: 700'
- Time: 1 1/2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz and Paul A. Lipsohn, November 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Take I-10 east past Banning to the intersection with SR 62.
- Go north on SR 62 to the Park Road in the town of Joshua Tree with
a sign "Joshua Tree National Park". Turn right.
- Drive 16 miles on this road to the intersection with the Keys View
Road. Turn right.
- Continue 5.6 miles farther to the Keys View parking lot at the end
of the road. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (5185'), hike up the ridge to the north, following
a faint use trail to the first bump.
- As you ascend, two other high points
are visible to the west. The summit is behind the farthest of these. From
the first summit, go west down into a saddle and, keeping to the right, go up
past the rocky prominence on the second bump.
- Continue up over the third
summit and on to the main summit.
Please report any corrections or changes to the
Mountain Records Chair.
Hundred Peaks Section, Angeles Chapter, Sierra Club
© 1998-2003 - All Rights Reserved