** Use at Your Own Risk **
See the Retired Peak Guides in the Archives for Microsoft Word and other versions of this peak guide.
Location: San Bernardino County, about 3 1/2 miles east-southeast of Running Springs, 88 miles from Los Angeles
- Auto Club: Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Bernardino Mountain Area
- Forest Service: San Bernardino National Forest
- USGS Topo: Keller Peak 7½
explanation of usage
Nearby Peaks: Mill Peak, Slide Peak
Printable version of this route
(USFS Adventure Pass required)
- Distance: None
- Gain: None
- Time: None
- Rating: Drive-up
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, February 1973
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Drive east on I-10 to I-215.
- Go north on I-215 to SR 210.
- Go east on SR 210 to SR 330.
- Go north on SR 330 to Running Springs. Continue towards Big Bear on SR 18.
- Go 1.0 miles to the paved Keller Peak Road, 1N96, on the right
(south). Turn right. Note your odometer and go as follows:
- At 0.5 mile, fork with dirt road to the right. This is the turnoff
for Mill Peak. Keep left.
- At 4.0 miles, fork. Go right.
- At 5.9 miles, summit at a radio transmitter site and a fire lookout.
There is a gate at 4.6 miles which is open 9AM to 5PM. If the
gate is closed, the peak is about 2.5 miles round trip, 300' gain.
Please report any corrections or changes to the
Mountain Records Chair.
Hundred Peaks Section, Angeles Chapter, Sierra Club
© 1998-2003 - All Rights Reserved