USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: On the Riverside-Orange County line, about 12 miles south of Corona, 61 miles from Los Angeles
- Auto Club: Los Angeles and Vicinity, Orange County
- Forest Service: Cleveland National Forest
- USGS Topo: Santiago Peak 7½
explanation of usage
Nearby Peaks: Modjeska Peak
(USFS Adventure Pass required)
- Distance: None
- Gain: None
- Time: None
- Rating: Drive-up
- Driving: High clearance
Original: Dorothy Danziger and Byron Prinzmetal, May 2000
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- On I-15 south of Corona, exit at Weirick Road, which is about
6 miles south of the I-15 and SR 91 interchange.
- Turn right at the end of the off-ramp and drive about 50' to
Knabe Road where you turn left.
- You are now on a frontage road running south paralleling I-15.
Proceed on this frontage road for about 1/2 mile. Look
on your right for a brick and iron fence enclosing many trucks (Corona
Clay Company). Just north of the fence, there is a cluster of signs
and a dirt road. One of the signs says "Bedford Motorway-Private
Road" and another says Maely Ranch.
- Turn right and reset your odometer here.
- At 2.1 miles, you pass a gate and a sign saying 4S03 (Bedford Road).
- At 6.1 miles, go left on Main Divide Road (3S04).
- At 9.7 miles, junction with Maple Springs Road (5S04). Keep
left staying on Main Divide Road.
- At 11.3 miles, you pass the turnoff for Modjeska
- At 14.3 miles, you reach the parking area for Santiago Peak. See
HIKING ROUTE 2
- Hike past the gate for 0.1 mile to the summit, which is on the left of
the site of a torn-down lookout tower.