** Use at Your Own Risk **
Pine Mountain Ridge
Location: Los Angeles County, about 4 miles WSW of Wrightwood
- Forest Service: Angeles National Forest
- USGS Topo: Mount San Antonio 7½
Route(s) using National Geographic Topo! software
JPG version (approximately 980K)
Wild View Peak
Printable version of this route
(USFS Adventure Pass required)
- Distance: 4.2 miles round trip on old dirt road
- Gain: 952' total, 913' out plus 39' on return
- Time: 2½ hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Peter & Ignacia Doggett, September 2010
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Go east on I-10 to I-15.
- Go north on I-15 to SR 138
- Go west on SR 138 to SR 2
- Go through Wrightwood & 4 miles further to N4.
- Stay on SR 2 and drive 1.8 miles further to the Blue Ridge Road (3N26).
- Turn left on 3N26 and note your odometer.
- At 0.2 mile, fork; keep right.
- At 1.3 miles, fork; keep left.
- At 2.4 miles, Blue Ridge Campground, keep straight, pavement ends.
- At 4.4 miles, gate; keep straight.
- At 5.1 miles, fork (to Guffy Campground); turn right on 3N06.
- At 5.6 miles, fork; turn right on 3N39.
- At 8.5 miles, Fish Fork Trailhead. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (6626'), begin in a southwest direction and stay
left on the main trail at the first fork, about 100 yards from the parking area.
- At about ¼ mile, a flowing spring descends down the gully and crosses the trail.
- Follow the trail for about 1¾ miles to the Pine Mountain ridgeline (elevation 7270'). Excellent views from here.
- Continue westward (right) along an old dirt road for another ¾ mile until one reaches the highest point on the ridgeline (7440'+).
Contact Angeles National Forest (661) 269-2808, to see if the roads are open. These roads are normally closed each winter from about mid-November until May because of skiers and snow.
Please report any corrections or changes to the
Mountain Records Chair.
Hundred Peaks Section, Angeles Chapter, Sierra Club
© 1998-2003 - All Rights Reserved