USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 2 miles south of Wrightwood, 84 miles from Los Angeles
- Auto Club: Los Angeles and Vicinity
- Forest Service: Angeles National Forest
- USGS Topo: Mount San Antonio 7½
explanation of usage
Nearby Peaks: Pine Mountain #1, Dawson Peak
(USFS Adventure Pass required)
(Use if gate is locked on Route 1 at Guffy Campground)
- Distance: 3 1/2 miles round trip trail and cross-country
- Gain: 750'
- Time: 2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
- Navigation: Easy
Original: George Wysup, July 2000
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- Go east on I-10 to I-15.
- Go north on I-15 to SR 138. Turn left (west).
- Go west on SR 138 to the junction with SR 2. Turn left.
- Go southwest on SR 2 through Wrightwood and 4 miles further to the
junction with N4. Keep left on SR 2.
- Go 1.8 miles farther to a large parking area on both sides of the
road. At the beginning of the left parking area is the Blue Ridge Road
(dirt). Take this road. Note your odometer and go as follows:
- At 0.3 mile, fork. Keep right.
- At 1.4 miles, fork at a ski run. Keep left.
- At 2.4 miles, Blue Ridge Campground (pavement ends).
- At 5.1 miles, Guffy Campground turnoff on the left. Keep left, go
about 0.2 mile, and park at east end of Guffy Campground (8250'). Do not
occupy a campsite unless you plan to use it.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- Hike east past the outhouse, going along a ridge that leads down to the
Pacific Crest Trail (PCT).
- Follow the PCT past the intersection with the
Acorn Trail (to Wrightwood).
- Continue to a saddle and find a use trail to
the left up a slope with a steep cliff on its left (north).
- Go up this
trail, which turns into an old road, keeping left.
- Go to the highest
point to find the register in a large rock cairn near the cliff.
The Blue Ridge Road goes through the top of a ski resort. This road is
always closed at the SR 2 junction during the ski season.