** Use at Your Own Risk **
See the Retired Peak Guides in the Archives for Microsoft Word and other versions of this peak guide.
Location: San Bernardino County, about 17 miles north of Cucamonga, 73 miles from Los Angeles
- Auto Club: Los Angeles and Vicinity
- Forest Service: Angeles National Forest
- USGS Topo: Telegraph Peak 7½
explanation of usage
Printable version of this route
(USFS Adventure Pass required)
- Distance: 2 miles round trip on firebreak
- Gain: 800'
- Time: 1 1/2-2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
- Navigation: Easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, July 1969
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Go east on I-10 to I-15.
- Go north on I-15 to SR 138. Turn left (west).
- Go west on SR 138 to the junction with SR 2. Turn left.
- Go southwest on SR 2 to Lone Pine Canyon Road in Wrightwood. Turn
- Go 0.3 mile to Thrush. Turn left (east).
- Go right at the first opportunity.
- Turn left on Lone Pine Canyon Road.
- At about 2 miles from SR 2, the road crests and begins to go
downhill. At this saddle is a dirt road on the left. Turn left.
- Go about 100 yards to a parking area. Park here. Ample parking.
- After exiting I-15, go west 1.2 miles on SR 138 to Lone Pine Canyon
Road on the left. Turn left.
- Take this road about 7.7 miles to where it approaches its crest.
- Turn off on a dirt road on the right immediately east of the
crest. This is the dirt road described in the Route 1 driving
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (6080'), hike east down into a saddle.
- Continue east up a firebreak to the top of the hill.
- Then turn right and hike up to the summit.
Please report any corrections or changes to the
Mountain Records Chair.
Hundred Peaks Section, Angeles Chapter, Sierra Club
© 1998-2003 - All Rights Reserved