** Use at Your Own Risk **
See the Retired Peak Guides in the Archives for Microsoft Word and other versions of this peak guide.
Location: Los Angeles County, about 15 miles south of Palmdale, 48 miles from Los Angeles
- Auto Club: Los Angeles and Vicinity
- Forest Service: Angeles National Forest
- USGS Topo: Chilao Flat 7½
- HPS (updated):
National Geographic Topo!
- HPS (old version):
explanation of usage
Nearby Peaks: Granite Mountain #1, Iron Mountain #3, Rabbit Peak #1
Printable version of this route
(USFS Adventure Pass required)
- Distance: None
- Gain: None
- Time: None
- Rating: Drive-up
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, November 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway (SR 2),
drive north on Angeles Crest Highway 9.5 miles to Angeles Forest
Highway. Turn left (north).
- Go 14.2 miles to Mill Creek Summit. Turn right (east) onto 3N17.
- Go 3.4 miles to an intersection with 3N90 on the right. Turn right
- Drive 0.9 mile on 3N90 to a saddle. This is the parking area for
Granite Mountain #1.
- Continue 2.0 miles to the end of the road which is the summit.
Round Top is often climbed as part of a loop trip with Granite
Mountain #1, Iron Mountain #3, and
Rabbit Peak #1. This loop can be done in either a
clockwise or counter-clockwise direction. This is a full day trip.
Please report any corrections or changes to the
Mountain Records Chair.
Hundred Peaks Section, Angeles Chapter, Sierra Club
© 1998-2003 - All Rights Reserved