** Use at Your Own Risk **
See the Retired Peak Guides in the Archives for Microsoft Word and other versions of this peak guide.
Location: Los Angeles County, about 19 miles southeast of Gorman, 78 miles from Los Angeles
- Auto Club: Los Angeles and Vicinity
- Forest Service: Angeles National Forest
- USGS Topo: Burnt Peak 7½
explanation of usage
Nearby Peaks: Liebre Mountain, Sawtooth Mountain
Printable version of this route
(USFS Adventure Pass required)
- Distance: 5.8 miles round trip
- Gain: 800' total, 600' out plus 200' on return
- Time: 2-3 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
- Navigation: Easy
Original: John Backus and Al Campbell, 1969
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Take I-5 north to the town of Castaic and exit on Lake Hughes Road.
- Take Lake Hughes Road northeast for 23.6 miles to where it ends at a
junction with N2, Pine Canyon Road. Turn left (west).
- Go 4.7 miles to Bushnell summit with a junction with 7N23 on the
left. Turn left. Note your odometer and go as follows:
- At 2.0 miles, fork. Go right.
- At 3.2 miles, junction. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area, hike west on 7N23A for 2.9 miles to the
summit. The register is in a small rock cairn outside the northeast corner
of the fence.
Please report any corrections or changes to the
Mountain Records Chair.
Hundred Peaks Section, Angeles Chapter, Sierra Club
© 1998-2003 - All Rights Reserved