GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Committee
Lore Pekrul, Chair
(310) 306-2428, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Committee provides mapping and other GIS services to Chapter entities. Committee members are volunteers who use the Chapter's ESRI ArcGIS software to develop conservation-related maps. Current projects include:
- Open Space Map of the Verdugo Mountains and San Rafael Hills for the Verdugo Hills Group
- Map of Sierra Club Groups in the Angeles Chapter for the Angeles Chapter
- Santa Clarita greenmap update for the Santa Clarita Group
- Map of the proposed Los Angeles Coastal Recreation Area
- Map of parks in the City of Los Angeles for the Urban Environment and Parks Committee
- Map of wildlife corridors in Los Angeles County for the Wildlife and Endangered Species Committee
- Map of Sierra Club Angeles Chapter Los Angeles County Campaigns
- Angeles Chapter political district maps (available on our library)
- Montebello Hills Vision Map
We can also provide ad-hoc maps for Web pages or printed publications.
Some of our work is available in our online library.
The committee matches volunteers with appropriate skills with project requests. We can provide training and software for interested volunteers with good computer skills and a general knowledge of mapping. Members who can volunteer a few hours of time per month should contact the Chair.
Requests for mapping projects for other Chapter entities should be directed to the Chair.
Thanks to ESRI for their donation of their powerful ArcGIS Desktop software.